Sunday, January 10, 2010

For Chava: Fat-Free Pumpkin Muffins

My kiddos call these 'Pumpkin Pasties,' and they eat them straight from the pan. They'll keep, theoretically, in the freezer, for months...just pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds and enjoy! You can also make this recipe in a loaf pan or Bundt pan.

1 large can pumpkin
1 c. applesauce
8 eggwhites or 4 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
3.5 c. whole wheat flour (I like King Arthur's White Whole Wheat)
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cloves
2/3 c. orange juice (I use Rice Dream)
1 c. raisins, craisins, nuts, chocolate chips or chopped dates (the chocolate chips kind of kill the "fat-free" deal, but they're yummy!

mix, fill (sprayed) muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake until done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.