Monday, February 8, 2010

Keeping it under control





In the middle of the night, when one of my brood comes in to my room to share a bad dream or a bellyache, I can identify them by feeling their heads.  Without my glasses, I make Stevie Wonder look like a top candidate for flight school.  And somehow, I always manage to misplace my specs...while I sleep.  Which results in an early-morning game of  "Let's find Mommy's glasses so she can get out of bed without injuring herself or someone to whom she fairly recently gave birth." 
Yeah.  So when this brainstorm hit, I was a very happy camper indeed.  This folding wire crate (trashpicked, thank you very much,) holds my book and a few other bedside essentials:  my MP3, pen, journal, and , of course, my glasses. I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and we've had nary a scavenger hunt since.  In my book, that's a Very Good Thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.