Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday

The unpacking has subsided, and the planning frenzy is on.  Got a chance to do a little sample making today.  I'm having my 5th graders make these bookmarks using recycled fridge magnets, lots of scraps, and paper punches.
Unearthed a very time-and-patience-consuming polymer clay box that I did with last year's 8th grade...trying to think of ways to simplify it to make it do-able for this year's 7th graders.

Did a smidge of decorating to make the place more user-friendly.

Spent some time playing with my new toy--a Cricut Expression.  The possibilities are endless, no?

And, of course, did some sightseeing on grounds so you don't feel like you're missing out.

What did the kids do all day while I was puttering around?

The usual.

4 comments:

  1. Love your sign on the wall. Really made me giggle. Your kids look like they are in heaven (and you don't seem to be having a bad time either!). :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone is very happy & I love your art room sign, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to come over there and hang out with you, it looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank YOU for visiting me! :) it's always a pleasure coming here.
    big hugg :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.