Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Creative Space: Feelin' the Love

This week has been chock full of happy surprises.  Like having my giftbox included in an Etsy treasury  just nine minutes after I listed it.  And being featured in another treasury only a day later.   Waking up this morning to find that Amy had posted the interview with me on her blog.  And sitting down with my breakfast and my laptop for my morning dose of Handmadeology to see the Dictionary Sacrifice Rosettes tutorial I'd submitted staring me in the face.  (It was kind of like when you pick up the phone to call someone and they're on the line already, having just called you.  Weird, but really good.)

So, getting a bit of much-needed exposure there, but there seems to be a real dearth of comments.  Feel free to comment, if you pop by, so I don't look like a total dork in public.  And while you're protecting me from total dork-dom, are any of you guys on Facebook?  If you are, would you mind taking a minute to "like" always greener?  (Because my FB and my self-esteem are strongly linked, and I know you wouldn't want to damage my fragile sense of self-worth.)

Moving on, then, to some surprises of a more mundane variety, like the grocery sack of toy ponies I nabbed at the thrift shop yesterday, just in time for Shani's birthday.
 
And the mysterious email from a friend I haven't heard from in years.  And the parking spot smack-dab in front of the dentist's office this morning---in the pouring rain, no less.   And the new Jasper Fforde book I checked out of the library.  And the tackle box I scored this afternoon on my way home from the library.  (Why would someone throw out a perfectly good tackle box?)
 
I hope your space  has been full of pleasant surprises this week, too!

12 comments:

  1. Wendy, just wanted to let you know, YOU ARE TALKING TO YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay, at least I'm not Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great run you're having! Hope it continues for you! I've liked you on facebook too!! Have a lovely day!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Jasper Fforde - what kind of books does he write?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, enjoy the good times - you totally deserve them. You are good people. Also, your sharp wit continues to make me spew mouthfulls of liquid onto my computer screen. Your response to Anonymous? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds like a great week! Loving your etsy shop.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that was your tutorial?? What a fantastic idea!! I'm glad you found my blog dear, since I'm really internet-incompetent!! Your family is so sweet and happy happy birthday to your little angel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's a fine day that has a bag of ponies in it. Love the dictionary rosettes too. Lady you're on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your blog and how rude of Anonymous! You are hilarious and clearly not talking to yourself! You newest follower, Hollybobbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh now I like those rosettes - LOTS! I love the way you describe the stuff made from the dictionary as 'dictionary sacrifice' - how apt! Let me add my congratulations to you on your run of profile raising bits and pieces. Totally deserved by the looks of things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sense of humor- came over from Handmadeology- new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Looks like you are on a roll of great things happening! :) I love the brown paper & dictionary re-purpose - so good. Brow paper is highly under-rated by most I think. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.