Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Table for 10?

We had company for Shabbos this week, and one of my poor, unfortunate children found themselves seated upon (gasp!) a folding chair.  A small amount of whining ensued.  I blew it off, though, because we're lucky to have guests on a regular basis, and we only have "proper" seating for 8, although the dining room table can seat 10 comfortably...

So yesterday, I was driving carpool and I spied a pair of perfectly sturdy wooden chairs in dire and desperate need of immediate reupholstery. 

  

 Natch, they went into the trunk, and I was lucky enough to have leftover fabric from my last batch of chairs.  This was a speedy recovery---done in less than 40 minutes. 


In other news on the home front, I've been teaching art classes out of my studio.


My guys are happy to sit in. :)

And we have a new resident.  Meet Lizzy, our bearded dragon.



And I finally tried that baking-soda-and-peroxide trick from Pinterest.

Before (left) and After (right).  Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.