Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nooks and Crannies

This house is chock full of little details that make my heart sing. It's a bespoke home, built in 1958 for a doctor and his wife. Mrs. Doctor had impeccable taste (except for the crime-against-humanity-wallpaper in my bedroom, dammit...) and an eye for attractive durability, bless her. They lived in the house for more than 50 years, and did little to update in those years. Which means I've got a music room. With a pipe organ. And a built in phonograph. The kitchen is a marvel: glass-fronted wood cabinets. Cork flooring. Storage options deemed "too rich for my blood" when I did my Miami Dream Kitchen remodel five years ago lurk inside every drawer and cupboard. And there's a built in can-opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.