I've been meaning to bust out the screen printing set since I bought it. Really, I have. But it's one of those Big Projects With Many Steps. So finally, after a ludicrous amount of hemming and hawing, I prepared the screen at 11:00 on Monday night. Then, on Tuesday, I took my design to Staples and had them copy it onto transparencies. On Wednesday, I made my screen sandwich and hoped fervently for a ray of sunlight. No dice.
This morning, I lucked out, though. The skies were bluish, and I was able to expose the screen. There was birdsong and much jubilation. So much jubilation, in fact, that I forgot about the screen I'd left baking on the front porch for a good 15 minutes. (Not a good idea, in case you were planning to try it.) The rinsing process was significantly slowed down by the overexposed screen, but after a long soggy battle, the kitchen sprayer and I were victorious, and the screen was ready to print.
A swell time was had by all.
(The onesie tipped me off.)