Friday, June 4, 2010

Shh!

Everybody's sleeping, and I'm still piddling around in the Haven o' Craft.  I hit the thrift shop today, and came home with a load of vintage sheets and some neat-o fabric in my sack.  Also scored a bunch of rickrack and binding tape (for 19 cents a package)! Once the kidlets were settled in for the night, I sat down at the machine and tried my hand at shirring---with somewhat dubious results; the dress I was making for Shani is just the right size for a Barbie with a thyroid problem.  However, I've got the technique down---just need to work on my measurements.  (As ever.)  Made another batch of coasters (addictive!) with my favorite scrapbook paper in the whole wide world, and put the photo emulsion onto the screen that Nic, my hero, helped to rescue.  (Bleach! Who knew?)  I made a bail for a stamped washer turned diaper-bag-tag, and if only I had a working camera...nah, let's not go there again.

Anyway, it's past my bedtime, and I've miles to go before I sleep.  Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. So glad Nic helped you! Make sure you get some sleep. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had creative ADD, but my head is spinning. Perhaps because I have been quite settled in my painting for more than a month now, I’m out of practice with the flitting form one project to the next! I’m so glad you rescued your screen, I’m sure I have an old screen somewhere with an image still on it, perhaps it to can be rescued if screen printing inspiration strikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the thought of Barbie bigger than a matchstick!! How does that frame support such bouffant hair!! Glad to hear you're crafty up a storm. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the sound of the bag full of vintage linen, that's my kind of happiness! I seriously need some photo's of your crafty exploits...still having camera issues? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much going on in your world right now. I love that time when the girls are asleep and I can make, make, make. What a shame we have to ruin it all by going to sleep. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.