Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Creative Space: Where the heck has she been?

I've been flying off the radar these past few weeks, not being very creative at all.

There's been loads of baking---The "Honey Bears" are an annual Rosh Hashannah tradition chez nous, and Shani and Chevi were especially helpful this year.

With all of the preparations for the holidays, I've had ample opportunity to sit back and giggle at the spontaneous cleverness of my offspring. (The tin reads "Salmon (cute fishy drawing and arrow) except dead and baked."  Droll, no?)


: 
There's been sukkah-building, and the inevitable "small-child-with-sharp-object" interlude.
Of course, we've done our share of chicken-wrangling and egg-hunting (Akiva discovered an egg in the water dish yesterday!)
And with the return of the (marginally) cooler weather, there's been some comfort food on the stove.

Pardon my stultifying lack of food styling skill---this stuff was too good not to mention.  Sauteed onion, garlic, and diced tomatoes simmered with lentils and bulgur and a little tomato paste.  Basil, thyme, rosemary and a pinch of red pepper, combined with wholewheat noodles and scarfed down by a notable majority of my constituency.

So, next week, I hope, I'll be a little craftier.  Meanwhile, you can get your fix over at kootoyoo

1 comment:

  1. Loving the salmon comment! Those honey bears are pretty cute too! Are they biscuits?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.