Monday, September 5, 2011

Sixteen Candles

My eldest turned sixteen today.  (Which is odd, because my own sweet sixteen doesn't seem that long ago.  But I digress...)  I spent the day in a frenzy of cupcake-baking, roll making, and potato peeling to commemorate the occasion.
Luckily, I had a couple of partners in crime to keep me in line.


The kitchen floor bears the nonpareille-ed scars of their helpfulness; never have been cupcakes so earnestly sprinkled. 

Esti celebrated with two of her besties at an impromptu gathering in her room. (I had the kitchen pretty well tied up, and Jess was doing homework at the dining room table.  The colors look almost as though we planned it, no?


It's Sierra Mist in the goblets, I swear.  We ran out of plastic cups this morning, and haven't unpacked the everyday stuff just yet.

I'm feeling pretty old, too, you know?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet 16! Gosh I remember mine like it was yesterday too, funny how our kids probably think of us as so old, just like we used to think ours were..eeekk I remember my dad's 40th like it was yesterday too, and mine is only months away!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.