Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012: Mindful

Maxabella loves is having a blog link up focusing on one word for 2012.  I let this one rattle around in the old noggin for awhile and came up with a bunch of good ideas---which other, more expedient bloggers had already used.  (Perhaps I should choose "timely" as my word instead?)  So I put it on the back burner for a day or so, and settled on mindful


I find, as my kids get older, that it's tough to hang on to all of the little moments in the day---that the carpools, the dishes, and the laundry (and let's face it: the Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter time) can crowd out the important things if I'm not paying attention.  Too many times I tell them,"Just let me finish this...(load/post/call)," and when I'm done, they've flitted off to their own diversions.  (Or, on special occasions, they've set the neighbor's dog/sofa/box of Mike & Ikes on fire.)

This mindfulness should come in handy in my work, as well--- my impulsivity spawns countless wasted efforts when I don't slow down and think.  



 Here's to a 2012 full of captured moments.

2 comments:

  1. I love the word mindful and nearly chose it myself. I know exactly what you mean - I find myself saying more often than I would like "Just let me finish ..." or distractedly paying a little bit of attention to my kids as I simultaneously cook and blog!

    Have a wonderful, mindful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great word :)
    Mine is decision - I really need to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.