Monday, May 14, 2012

Hiya.

How you doin'?

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

No, really, I am.  A little busy, maybe, but nothing to worry about.  I seem to have gotten out of the rhythm of blogging, though.


There's been a flurry of class-giving, and the usual end-of-the-year madness.  A considerable amount of unavoidable stress is staking its claim, and some big change is afoot chez nous.


The wanna-be vegenarian ---that's a vet who doesn't eat meat, according to Akiva at age 5---found this little guy on our front lawn last week:



Despite the heartrending protests of my earnest loinfruit, our feline foundling's living with a wonderful neighbor.  Too many cat allergies in this house.


Oh, and it's spring!  Our garden is still hanging out in the kitchen at the moment, but I'm feeling almost warm enough to bring those seedlings on outside.  Soon.  And that Pinterest thing with the celery and the green onions?  Totally works on leeks, too.  How cool is that?



I've missed you guys...

2 comments:

  1. You can grow romaine that way as well, I've tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We grew some great romaine here in SFL. Now it has gone to seed, and we hope to save them for next year's planting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.