Friday, December 11, 2009

The Blizzard of '09

Having spent a few years in Rochester, we knew we were prepared for Iowa winters. Our first snowstorm here in the midwest was uneventful, though admittedly copious. We did manage to lose power for a couple of hours, which certainly added to the impact of the overall experience Sitting around by cellphone-light, playing "My Aunt Sally" with the rugrats till we all drift off to sleep...these are fond childhood memories in the making, folks. I'm happy to report that the power outage lasted less than three hours, which means that those childhood memories will include neither hypothermia nor burst pipes. Small favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.