Monday, December 14, 2009

Festival of Lights



Chanukah...a festival of lights. And calories. All kinds of calories. We celebrate the underdog victory of the Jewish People, the miraculous cruse of oil which lasted 8 days and nights instead of the expected one. And how do we remember this wondrous event? We light candles, and we fry stuff. Fried jelly doughnuts. Fried latkes. By the time I got supper on the table Friday night, I felt as though I, too, had been fried.I will say two things about latkes. First, that they only taste really good straight out of the pan, And second, that it is nearly impossible to eat just one. (Ok, three things. I trashed my diet again. Grr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.