Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Elephant in the Address Bar

You know you wanted to ask. But, really, you're far too polite. You figure the answer must be somewhere in the archives, if only you look carefully enough. But you've looked, and there's nothing. Nada. Zippo.

What kind of name is 'littlegreenbums' for a craft blog? The answer, dear reader, is simple. One day, after reading blog after blog after blog, scouring Etsy shops into the wee hours of the morning, and well, not nearly enough sleep, I decided to break out on my own. I would open my own Etsy shop and become independently wealthy selling cloth diapering accessories. (See, I said I didn't get nearly enough sleep.) Now, in order to open an Etsy, you need a catchy, descriptive seller name. Well, littlegreenbums fit the bill. (Get it? ""green," like "eco" and "bums" like "cute little baby tushies?") Did I mention the lack of sleep? And the lack of product? Because I made my grand business-opening decision with exactly three wonky-but-utterly-serviceable diaper wipes to my credit. Anyway, long story short, I opened my (now defunct) Etsy shop, this blog, and my new-to-me serger on the same evening. I never actually listed anything in the shop, used the serger to make a large pile of wipes, diapers, and other useful-but-ne'er-to-be-sold projects, and went ahead and started writing my blog anyway. With its silly, silly name. So, now you know. Thank you for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.