Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Eleventh Hour (as usual)



I am so very glad that Chanukah is an eight-day celebration. Because I never can manage to have all of my presents made and ready to give by the first night. Or the second. So, this year, I cleverly told the kiddios that we'd have a BIG Chanukah party on the 7th night of Chanukah. Which is tonight. And so far, I have 2 gifts finished. (Well, actually, the littles came upon me in the throes of puppet-making, and I just went ahead and gave them those, without ceremony, as they came off the sewing machine. Did I mention I have no secret-keeping skills whatsoever? ) I'm two-thirds done with Shani's beanbags, but she's just as happy to play with the lentils sans bag. Akiva's pillow is a done deal, and I decoupaged an exceedingly cool cigar box for Mojy. (He'll be thrilled, no doubt. What 12-year old wouldn't want a monogrammed cigar box? Then again, if it doesn't have a screen, it's not going to make him happy anyway, so I was doomed from the start.) I'm putting together a pair of tin-can stilts for Chevi & Rooney, and Esti's getting a doily-enhanced bulletin board for her room in the new house. Did I mention I have about 6 hours to get this done? And I'm working for 3 of those hours? Wish me luck, folks. I'll need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.