Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Great Cookie Debacle of '09

[gallery size="medium" columns="2"]

I spend too much time looking at other people's blogs. Admiring their successes. Imagining my own glorious interpretations of their stunning creations. Wasting copious quantities of time, money, and self-esteem. Yup, that's what I did this morning...

My synagogue is having a Chanukkah party next week. In order to raise funds for our preschool, I had the inspired idea to sell sugar cookies. Like these. Needless to say, four hours later, we have 120 dangerously "crunchy" heinously iced hockey-pucks. Seriously. My hands feel like they're going to fall off, the synagogue's kitchen looks like we let the actual preschool do the baking, and our cookies will be sold with a warning to the denture-wearing public. Not one of my better mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.