Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to civilization

When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, (1706-1790), Poor Richard's Almanac, 1746


It's my firm belief that anything I want to say, Ben Franklin has already said, and said it better. This exciting episode of the Wendy Files has been no exception. By the time Denny the Wonder Plumber gave us the all clear this afternoon, I was just way too excited at the prospect of doing dishes. And laundry. And washing the floors, for heaven's sake. Anyway, the pipes are fixed, so we can check that little item off of yesterday's list. Now, we'll just have to see about the floor. And the walls. And and the ceiling.

On a lighter note, I finally got around to taking pictures of the presents I made for Esti and Chevi. Esti's corkboard is based on this tutorial:If I didn't know my kid would be reading this, I'd tell you I got the corkboard on clearance at Mal-Wart for a quarter. And the canvas is a Home Depot find...I bought a huge dropcloth that should provide me with all of my material needs (had to!) for awhile. Black acrylic paint from my stash and a doily from a pack I bought eons ago...easy-peasy, and definitely budget friendly.

Chevi's name-art is as basic as it gets. I bought the frame at Goodwill, primed it, painted it, and cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit. Printed out her name in a font that pleased me, printed it as a mirror image, and glued it to the back of the scrapbook paper. X-actoed it out, and put some contrasting paper behind the cutout, and voila! I've stopped lusting after Pottery Barn trappings. (Well, mostly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.