Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bloggable?

You non-blogging folks out there just don't know what it's like:  You're walking through the grocery store.  Your 5 year old spies a blue-haired Granny at the checkout counter buying, say, for example, a package of Depends.  "Mommy, why is that lady buying diapers?  She's too old to have a baby!" she blurts out.  Now, any normal person would be assiduously dying of mortification at this point, but what's meandering through my mind?  "Hmmm...Should I blog about this?"

Just about everything is potential blog-fodder these days.  Shall I tell you about the homemade pita we devoured for lunch yesterday?  The beer bread I served with supper tonight?  The rice bags I finally checked off my list after I got the baby to sleep?  The fact that the baby's decided to flat-out ditch her naps and thereby deprive me of any semblance of time to blog?  The hysterical, thought-provoking book I'm in the middle of?  The equally funny, similarly-challenging book I just polished off?  The garden plans I've been mulling over when I should certainly have been asleep?  The blizzard that jumped out of nowhere and catapulted us back into Winter, just when we were starting to moon over Spring?

Socrates said that "The unexamined life is not worth living."  I wonder if this is what he had in mind?






2 comments:

  1. There's an old slogan that says "Just Blog It!" No, really, there is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best post I have read in ages! It is all true and it is all beautifully written. Popped over from my creative space and I am so glad I stayed to check it all out. I must book mark this to show my husband when he gets home. He thinks blogging is hilarious and will love this. XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.